Revolution pipette accuracy testing
- Direct measurement, no need of liquid
- Easy to use, compact (can be placed at the bench)
- Pipette accuracy monitoring done in less than 30 seconds
- Upload the calibration check report to a computer or direct print with Bluetooth mini-printer (optional)
2 Models to cover most used pipette types :
- Atmos 1000: P10 to P1000 pipettes, minimum volume at 2µl
- Atmos Multi *: P20 to P1250, 8 channels pipettes, P10 to P1000
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1) Can I use ATMOS to calibrate my pipettes ?
ATMOS for daily monitoring of the accuracy of your pipettes. ATMOS displays the error compared to the set volume. When this errror is larger than 2%, the pipette is not declared OK.
This allows you to put damaged pipette on hold and not use them until your next campaign of calibration by gravimetry.
You can use ATMOS to readjust a pipette in case of shift of accuracy (most of pipettes have a special tool to adjust the reference volume).
2) What is the leak measurement ?
ATMOS is measuring the air leak of the pipette or of the tip during its function. High leak can be related to a damaged piston in the pipette or to a defect in connection of the disposal tip.
The leak value is give in percentage of volume loss per second. A leak of less than 1% is acceptable.
3) How ATMOS accuracy compares with gravimetry method in ISO 8655-2 standard ?
The random error of ATMOS readings are similar to those observed in gravimetry measurement with a laboratory scale.
The absolute accuracy of ATMOS stay within ½ of the ISO 8655-2 standard.
4) Does the ATMOS need re-calibration service ?
ATMOS is measuring the volume dispensensed by the pipette by comparing with an internal fixed volume cavity.
This reference volume, made of metal, is calibrated at the factory within 0.1% accuracy. ATMOS does not need re-calibration.
5) Is it possible to export data ?
ATMOS is designed to be compatible with automated platform and can be interfaced to any computer system (Window, Mac, Linux or other). Connection to the microUSB port allows a direct interface that can be used for pipette calibration.
The program ReadATM (Mac OSX and Windows) allows extraction of data.
Please contact UniPix if you are interested to distribute our products
Rest of EUROPE:
UniPix direct sales
Thermo Fisher Scientific